November 30, 2009

I have followers?

Day two of blogging - I know for a fact that at least one person read my first post (after I told him to!), so hooray for that!

So I have a slight obsession. It's called Dailybooth. It's a social networking site where you take a photo (generally) once a day and people can reply with either text or photo comments.
It's so much fun - once you start you really can't stop!

At this point in time, I have 86 followers. 86!!! I had no idea that that many people would be interested in seeing me post a picture every day. How I manage to continue gaining followers also astounds me. People on the internet really are the best :)

Dailybooth is brilliant, you meet people from all over the world, and no matter how old or young they are they all pretty much have the same objective, which is to make friends. I've only encountered one creepster on DB in the couple of months that I've been using it, which is a great thing.

Sure, there are those people who are only there for the Nakedbooths and Naked Fridays, but on the whole it's a really fun community that can cheer you up no matter how sad or anrgy you might be.

Another thing I've noticed about Dailybooth is that despite the fact that it's main drawpoint is taking photos, it's not a tool of vanity. You don't follow people based on what they look like (generally), you follow them because they're witty, funny or interesting, and you're genuinely interested in getting to know their personalities. It's strange to think that such a visual social networking site works in such a way that no one would first expect it to - looking past the images and getting to know the person in them.

I've made heaps of friends on Dailybooth and hope to continue making many more!

Follow me: My Dailybooth

Eleni.

No comments:

Post a Comment