December 10, 2009

Answering the commonly asked question

"Eleni, why do you wear glasses? Why don't you wear contacts?"

I get asked this ALL the time by people who I've just met/started talking to, and I have a few good reasons why I've never made the switch from glasses to contacts.

  • I was never allowed to have contacts when I was younger, due to the expense of them.
  • I've been wearing glasses every day since I was seven. 10 years. I feel naked without them.
  • Contacts seem like so much effort. Why put in that effort when I could just whack on a set of specs every morning?
  • My eyes look weird without glasses. No, it's not the way no one is used to seeing me without them, they actually look weird.
  • I've been called "the hot girl with glasses" by many people in my time. Why would I want to ruin that?
  • I get compliments on them all the time. People always tell me how much they suit me, and how I look really good with them. "Sexy schoolteacher" has also come up a few times.
So now you see why I love having glasses. They make me unique, and I love that. People recognise me all the time. Without them, I'd be just another face in the crowd.

Eleni.

No comments:

Post a Comment